Terms and Conditions
- 'Additional Compensation' means the additional compensation cover of either £150 or £300 purchased by the Customer for lost or damaged parcels and shall include the Company’s additional liability to the Customer for those lost or damaged Parcels.
- 'Authorised Location' means a location listed on the Company’s Website where a Customer/Consignor can drop off a Parcel and Consignee can collect a Parcel.
- 'Article' means any article which is not a Prohibited Article and 'Articles' shall be construed accordingly.
- 'Charges' means the prices for the supply of Services as stipulated the Company’s Website.
- 'Company' or 'We' or 'Us' or 'Our' or 'Ourselves' means Drop and Collect Ltd (Company No. 06593233) whose registered office is at CollectPlus, 2nd Floor Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AE, and includes the Company’s servants, agents, and any person or persons carrying goods under the contract with the Company.
- 'Company Website' means www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk.
- 'Compensation' means the £50 compensation cover provided by the Company to the Customer for lost or damaged Parcels and the Company’s liability to the Customer for lost or damaged parcels.
- 'Correctly Packaged' means a Parcel that is packaged in accordance with the Company’s specifications as set out on the Company’s Website.
- 'Consignee' means the person to whom the Label on the Parcel is addressed.
- 'Consignor' means the person who drops off the Parcel to the Authorised Location.
- 'Customer' or 'You' means the person who places an Order on the Company’s Website for the Services and 'Your' shall be construed accordingly;
- 'Customer Service Department' means our customer service department for which the contact details can be found on the Company’s Website.
- 'Delivery Service' means the collection by the Company of the Parcel from the Relevant Collection Point and the delivery of the Parcel to the Relevant Delivery Point.
- 'Economy Service' means the Company’s economy service as detailed on the Company’s Website and includes the Delivery Service, Track and Trace Service and Compensation.
- 'Label' means a label that the Customer has printed off from the Company’s Website, which includes details of the Consignee plus a barcode to identify the Parcel.
- 'Optional Services' means the Proof of Delivery Service and/or Additional Compensation.
- 'Order' means a Customer’s request for Services or a Customer’s request for Services and Optional Services;
- 'Parcel' means any Article or Articles that are Correctly Packaged and have a Label attached.
- 'Prohibited Article' means those articles listed in Clauses 7(1), 7(2) and 7(3).
- 'Proof of Delivery Service' means an optional service whereby the Company will obtain a signature from the Consignee or a representative of the Consignee.
- 'Relevant Collection Point' means the Authorised Location where the Customer/Consignor drops off the Parcel;
- 'Relevant Delivery Point' means the address of the Consignee or the Authorised Location to which the Customer asks the Parcel to be sent.
- 'Services' means the Economy and Standard Services and where purchased by the Customer, the Optional Services.
- 'Standard Service' means the Company’s standard service as detailed on the Company’s Website and includes the Delivery Service, Track and Trace Service and Compensation.
- 'Track and Trace Service' means a facility which enables a Customer to track the location of a Parcel at any given time.
- 'Terms' means these Terms and Conditions.
- 'Valid UK Billing Address' means a valid UK billing address but for the avoidance of doubt excludes a PO Box address or addresses in the Channel Islands.
- 'Working Day' means any day which is not a Saturday or Sunday and which the banks are open for business.
- 'Working Hours' means 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. on a Working Day
- 'Customer Reward Scheme' means a scheme operated by the Company that provides Customers with incentives and discounts to the normal prices on the Company’s Website
Our contract with you
- In the event that You make a mistake in submitting information to Us, or You have any queries, concerns or complaints with regard to Our provision of the Services to You, then please visit our help and advice page here or contact our Customer Support Team on 01923 601615.
- When You submit the Order to Us, We have not accepted Your Order for Services. Our acceptance of the Order will take place on Us providing you email confirmation of Your Order. We shall then become contractually bound to supply the Services to You and these Terms will become binding on both You and Us.
- We shall assign a parcel reference number to Your Order which we shall inform You of when We confirm the Order. Please quote the parcel reference number in all subsequent correspondence with Us relating to the Order.
- You may place an Order for Services by:
- completing the requisite information on the Company's Website;
- submitting Your credit or debit card details or PayPal account details for payment of the Charges.
- We shall confirm Your Order by:
- sending You email confirmation of the Order together with a parcel reference number; and
- providing You with a confirmation screen on the Company's Website.
- You must complete the Order by:
- printing the Label which can be downloaded from the confirmation screen or from the confirmation email;
- ensuring that the Parcel is Correctly Packaged and addressed to a Valid UK Billing Address;
- ensuring that the parcel complies with the weight and dimensions specified on the Company's Website
- attaching the Label securely to the Parcel;
- dropping the Parcel at the Relevant Collection Point; and
- obtaining a receipt for the Parcel at the Relevant Collection Point.
- We are not able to supply You with the Services unless You have complied with the requirements of Clause 3 (3) above.
- You must complete Your Order within 28 days of receipt of email confirmation of the Order as Labels shall expire after that date.
- You may make a change to the Order within 28 days from receipt of email confirmation by contacting our Customer Services Department, provided that We have not supplied the Services to You. Where this means a change in the Charges, or there is an additional cost in changing the order, We will notify You of the amended price in writing.
- You can choose to cancel the Order within 28 Working Days from receipt of email confirmation provided that we have not supplied the Services to You.
- You may place an Order for Services by:
Supply of services
- We shall supply the Services to You using reasonable care and skill.
- We shall endeavour to meet the timeframes stipulated in an Order but any such timeframes shall only be estimates and time shall not be of the essence in the performance of Services.
- We may perform the Services ourselves or We may sub-contract part or all elements of the Services.
- We have absolute discretion as to the means, route and procedure to be followed in the handling, storage and transportation of the Parcels.
- We will provide “Standard” and “Economy” services which will offer the customer a choice of delivery speed as detailed on the Company’s Website.
- Where You purchase a Service and request that the Parcel be delivered to an Authorised Location, You must arrange for the Consignee to collect the Parcel within 10 days of You being notified of the Parcel being available for collection. If the Parcel is not collected within 10 days, We reserve the right to either return the Parcel to You at Your cost (such cost to discharged before delivery to You) or where we are unable to do so dispose of the Parcel within 2 months of the date of the Order.
- Where You purchase a Service and request that the Parcel be delivered to the Consignee, we shall make one attempt to deliver the Parcel to the Relevant Delivery Point. If We are not able to deliver the Parcel, You authorise Us to try and deliver the Parcel to an alternative address close to the Relevant Delivery Point or to leave the Parcel in a safe place and (if successful) We shall leave at the Relevant Delivery Point details of where We have delivered the Parcel. If We are unable to deliver, either to the Relevant Delivery Point, a nearby address, or to leave the parcel in a safe place We shall return the Parcel to Our premises and leave a request for the Consignee to contact us to make alternative delivery arrangements. If the Consignee does not contact us to arrange the alternative delivery within 7 days we will return the Parcel to You at Your cost (such cost to be discharged before delivery to You) or where we are unable to do so dispose of the Parcel within 2 months of the date of the Order.
- Where You purchase the Proof of Delivery Service, We shall make one attempt to deliver the Parcel to the Consignee. If We are not able to obtain a delivery receipt at the Relevant Delivery Point, You authorise Us to try to obtain a delivery receipt and deliver the Parcel to an alternative address close to the Relevant Delivery Point and (if successful) We shall leave at the Relevant Delivery Point details of the address to which We have delivered the Parcel. If We are unable to deliver, either to the Relevant Delivery Point or a nearby address, We shall return the Parcel to our premises and leave a request for the Consignee to contact us to make alternative delivery arrangements to the Relevant Delivery Point. If the Consignee does not contact us to arrange the alternative delivery within 7 days we will return the Parcel to You at Your cost (such cost to be discharged before delivery to You) where we are unable to do so dispose of the Parcel within 2 months of the date of the Order.
- You acknowledge that We provide a service for the transport of goods with a specified timeframe for delivery, therefore you do not have a right to cancel the Order under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013 (Regulation 28(1)(h). This does not affect your rights under Clause 11.
- You shall pay the Charges for the supply of related Services.
- The Charges shall vary dependant upon the size and weight of the Parcel You wish to be delivered and whether you request the Economy and/or Standard Services and any Optional Services in conjunction with the Services
- We reserve the right to charge a surcharge if the size and weight of the Parcel exceed the size and weight stipulated in Your Order and we reserve the right to retain the Parcel until such surcharge has been paid.
- We reserve the right to increase our Charges but such price changes shall not affect an Order which we have confirmed with You.
- We accept the following types of payment Mastercard, VISA, Maestro and PayPal.
- All Parcels must be Correctly Packaged and have a Label attached.
- Parcels must not weigh more than 10 kilograms nor exceed dimensions of 50 centimetres x 50 centimetres x 60 centimetres.
- We reserve the right to reject a Parcel at the Relevant Collection Point if the Parcel exceeds the weight or dimensions stated here or there is not a valid Label attached.
Articles not carried
- We shall not be required or caused to carry or convey anything if such carriage or conveyance would be unlawful.
- We shall not carry gases, pyrotechnics, arms and ammunition or corrosive, toxic, flammable, explosive, oxidising or radioactive materials or any other noxious, dangerous or hazardous goods or goods likely to cause damage. Neither shall we carry human remains, including funerary items such as urns and ashes or animal remains including taxidermy or ashes.
- We shall not, without specific written agreement, carry works of art, artwork, musical instruments, ceramics, deeds, tender documents, documents of every kind including passports, stamps, securities, vouchers, money, prescribed drugs, precious metals, livestock, liquids, foodstuffs, perishable goods, glass, bullion, coins, precious stones, fossils, stoneware, resin items, amber, composites, valuable jewellery, valuable antiques or plants or plant seeds or derivatives
- Should You or the Consignor nevertheless (whether knowingly or unknowingly) drop off Prohibited Articles in a Parcel to the Relevant Collection Point or cause Us or Our contractors to handle Prohibited Articles otherwise than under special arrangements previously made in writing, We shall be under no liability whatsoever in connection with the Parcel however arising and You shall be liable for any and all loss or damage caused by, or in connection with the articles however arising and shall indemnify Us against all penalties, claims, damages, costs and expenses whatsoever arising in connection therewith and the articles may be destroyed or otherwise dealt with at Our sole discretion or by any other person in whose custody they may be at the relevant time.
- We reserve the right to reject a Parcel that contains a Prohibited Article.
- We do not exclude or restrict in any way Our liability for death or personal injury resulting from Our own negligence or the negligence of Our employees or agents acting in the course of their employment or agency or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to clause 8(7) below, we shall be liable for any loss or damage to a Parcel up to the value of the Compensation or where the Customer has purchased Additional Compensation, up to the value of the Additional Compensation.
- We shall be liable for non-compliance with instructions if it is proved that the non-compliance was caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents or Sub-contractors and that the non-compliance has caused You loss.
- If We are liable under Clauses 8 (2) or 8(3), then We shall only be liable if You inform Us in writing of the loss or damage to the Parcel within 28 days of the loss or damage occurring.
- We shall not be liable for missing Parcels where:
- in accordance with Clause 4(6), We have delivered the Parcel to the Authorised Location; or
- in accordance with Clause 4(7), We have delivered the Parcel to the Relevant Delivery Point or have left the Parcel in a safe place or at alternative address close to the Relevant Delivery Point and have left details at the Relevant Delivery Point of where We have left the Parcel; or
- in accordance with Clause 4(8), We have obtained a delivery receipt at the Relevant Delivery Point or have obtained a delivery receipt from an alternative address close to the Relevant Delivery Point.
- We cannot under any circumstances whatsoever, accept any responsibility for any delay to the delivery of Parcels to the Relevant Delivery Point.
- We shall not be liable for loss or damage to a Parcel, if You have not Correctly Packaged the Parcel, attached a Label to it or sent it to a Valid UK Billing Address. Where You have not correctly Packaged the Parcel, attached a Label to it or sent it to a valid UK Billing Address any Compensation or Additional Compensation shall not be valid where a Parcel is lost or damaged.
- It shall be Your responsibility to satisfy Yourself that any Parcel that You wish to have carried by Us, shall meet the criteria stated in Clause 6. We shall accept no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage to a Parcel which does not comply with such criteria.
- We shall not be liable whether in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise (including in each case negligence) for any of the following type of losses or damages arising under or in relation to the Services whether or not it was advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage:
- special, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever; or
- any loss of profits, business contracts, anticipated savings, goodwill or revenue (whether direct or indirect).
- Notwithstanding Clause 8 (1) for which our liability is unlimited, Our entire liability whether arising from Our breach of contract, negligence, or breach of statutory duty in connection with Our supply of Services to You shall be limited to the value of the Compensation or where you have purchased Additional Compensation as an Optional Service, the value of the Additional Compensation that you have purchased.
- You warrant that You are either the owner of the Articles or the authorised agent of the owners of the Articles within the Parcel.
- You warrant that You are authorised to accept and are accepting these conditions not only for Yourself but also as agents for and on behalf of all other persons who are or may thereafter become interested in the Articles within the Parcel.
- We reserve the right to refuse any Parcels which are You do not own or You are not authorised to send on behalf of the owner.
Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of Our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond Our reasonable control including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks which prevents Us from supplying the Services to You.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of Our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects Our performance of Services to you, We will restart the Services as soon as reasonably possible after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel the Order if an Event Outside Our Control takes place and you no longer wish Us to provide the Services.
- We will only cancel the Order if the Event Outside Our Control continues for longer than 4 weeks.
- Where You cancel the Order in accordance with Clause 10 (4) and We have started to supply the Services to You, then We shall arrange as soon as is reasonably practical to return the Parcel to You at Your cost (such cost to be discharged before Delivery to You).
- Where We cancel the Order in accordance with Clause 10 (5) and We have started to Supply the Services to You, We shall arrange to as soon as is reasonably practical to return the Parcel to You at Our cost.
- We shall only offer You a refund of the Charges if:
- You cancel the Order within 28 Working Days of receipt of email confirmation of the Order and we have not yet supplied the Services (Clause 3(7)); or
- You cancel the Order if there is an Event Outside Our Control (Clause 10 (4)); or
- We cancel the Order if there is an Event Outside Our Control (Clause 10 (5)).
- We shall not offer You a refund of the Charges where:
- We are not able to supply the Services to You because You do not complete the Order (Clause 3 (4)); or
- You do not complete the Order within 28 days from receipt of email confirmation of the Order (Clause 3 (5)); or
- We reject a Parcel because it does not comply with size and weight criteria specified at Clause 6 or does not have a Label attached (Clause 6 (4)); or
- We reject a Parcel because it contains a Prohibited Article (Clause 7 (5)); or
- We reject the Parcel because You are not the Owner of the Parcel or are not authorised by the owner of the Parcel to send it (Clause 9 (3)).
- We shall only offer You a refund of the Charges if:
- No variation, extension or cancellation of these terms shall be binding upon the Company unless and until it is confirmed in writing under the hand of a Director of the Company and, for the avoidance of doubt, it is declared that no person other than such Director has authority to negotiate or enter into any commitment on behalf of the Company the effect of which would or might (but for this present clause) involve the Company in any legal liability whatsoever.
- We may amend or repeal these Terms at any time by giving You 10 days written notification, such notification to be posted on the Company’s Website.
- These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any matters arising out of a contract incorporating these Terms.
- A person who is not a party to these terms shall have no right to enforce any of these terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Promotional codes and discounts
- All promotional codes, discounts and Customer Reward Scheme benefits are only available for use with orders placed on the Company’s Website.
- Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Promotional codes may not be used on any existing orders.
- A Promotional code may only be used once per customer.
- If You request a refund on an order booked using a promotional code, We shall only refund the price paid (using the payment method You used for the original order) and not Our current selling price.
- Promotional codes are subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn without notice by Us. There is no cash alternative and the promotion is limited to one order per customer.
- Promotional codes apply to purchases of store-to-door and store-to-store parcel deliveries only. It does not apply to additional compensation cover or returns parcel deliveries or labels purchased from third-parties.
- Refer a friend discounts are only available to new users of the Company’s Website who are referred by a registered user of the Company’s Website. Rewards will only be given if the new, referred user uses the referral code provided as a link in the email issued by Us to place their first order.
- We may at our sole discretion offer a Customer Reward Scheme. Such a scheme will not require You to enter into any additional contractual arrangements with the Company and will provide discounts or rewards as detailed on the Company’s Website.
- Discounts given through the Customer Reward Scheme will only be available for services purchased on the Company’s Website, will be applied to the price of the services including VAT and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Discounts given through the Customer Reward Scheme will not apply to Optional Services.
- Discounts available through the Customer Reward Scheme that are based on volume shall not include any orders which are subject to a refund.
- We will monitor the use of the Customer Reward Scheme and reserve the right to suspend a Customer from the Customer Reward Scheme where We believe that You have gained a discount to which You were not entitled
- Parcels will become eligible for the Customer Reward Scheme at the point that the order is confirmed by the Company.
Maintenance of records
- A copy of your contract will be filed by us for a period of 6 years from the date on which your Account was opened and will be accessible on written request.
- We do not give up our rights by delaying or failing to exercise them at anytime.
- If any of these terms and conditions or any term of the contract is found by a court to be illegal or not enforceable, all other terms will still be in effect.
CollectPlus Mobile Applications Terms & Conditions
- These are the terms relating to the use of our mobile applications (“CollectPlusApps”) for both iOS and Android devices.
- Our iOS App can be downloaded from the App Store, which is operated and owned by Apple Inc.
- Our Android App can be downloaded from Google Play, which is owned and operated by Google Inc.
- Apple and Google have no obligation to provide any support or maintenance services in relation to the CollectPlus App.
- If you have accessed or are using this CollectPlus App, it means you agree to be bound by all of the terms below.
- The CollectPlus App has been designed to work on popular devices and requires internet access.
- The latest version of operating software is recommended and certain functions or features may be affected if you run the CollectPlus App on lower versions.
- Additionally, the CollectPlus App may require periodic updates.
- We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the CollectPlus App.
- There may be times when all of, or certain features, parts or content of, the CollectPlus App, becomes unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you.
- You agree that we will not be liable to you, or to any third party, for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the CollectPlus App.
- Our servers will periodically check the status of your parcel deliveries for updates and, if available, a notification will be sent to your phone.
- You can turn off these notifications at any time by changing the CollectPlus App’s settings on your device.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. For instance, we may need to change these terms if we add a new feature, or for some other reason.
- Whenever we make changes to these terms, the changes are effective immediately after we post such revised terms or upon your acceptance if we provide a mechanism for your immediate acceptance of the revised terms (such as a click-through confirmation or acceptance button). It is your responsibility to check the CollectPlus App for changes to these terms.
- If you continue to use the CollectPlus App after the revised terms become effective, then you have accepted the changes to these terms.
- The CollectPlus App provides you with information about parcels that CollectPlus is delivering to you.
- You agree that you will not:
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise input data which is not your own
- Use the CollectPlus App on a device which is not owned or controlled by you
- Use the CollectPlus App in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other CollectPlus App users, CollectPlus’ services or third parties
- Collect any personal information about other users, or intimidate, threaten, stalk or otherwise harass other users of the CollectPlus App
- Attempt to violate, circumvent or reverse-engineer any security measure or other feature designed to protect the CollectPlus’ services, users of the Service, or third parties
- You agree that the CollectPlus App, including graphics, user interface, content, and the code, contain proprietary information and material that is owned by CollectPlus, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright.
- You agree that you will not use such proprietary information in any way except for use of the CollectPlus App.
- CollectPlus’ trademarks, graphics, and logos within the CollectPlus App are registered trademarks owned by CollectPlus.
- Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the CollectPlus App may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are granted no right or license with respect to any of the aforesaid trademarks and any use of such trademarks.
- To use this CollectPlus App for the first time, you will be asked to enter your e-mail address for verification purposes.
- When you use the CollectPlus App it will return a unique identifier to your device that will be used each time you open the CollectPlus App.
- By using the CollectPlus App you agree that CollectPlus can collect and use technical data and related information related to your device and operating system. This data is not personally identifiable to you.
- This data can show us for example, which devices are using the CollectPlus App and which parts of our CollectPlus App you use most and least. This data will be used to improve our CollectPlus App, our support services or to provide new services or technologies to you.
- CollectPlus takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any information on the CollectPlus App and, under no circumstances will CollectPlus be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information.
- The security of this data, held on the phone, is your responsibility.
- We may use your personal information to:
- transfer your personal information to other members of our group of companies.
- to provide and/or enhance the services we offer to you.
- pass your information to our third party subcontractors to enable them to provide certain services to us in relation to the services that we provide to you.
- share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties to protect against fraud and reduce payment risks.
- transfer your information if we reorganise our business and/or sell part of our business (as it may be one of the business assets that we transfer).
- We will only deal with third parties that we trust to act in our and your best interests and who treat your information with the same stringent controls that we apply ourselves.