How to Sell on ASOS Marketplace | Photography Tips
When you’re selling on ASOS Marketplace, it’s key to make sure that you’re doing your products justice, and great photography is the easiest way to showcase what you have to offer. ASOS has a few guidelines in place which your snaps will need to follow:
- Make sure your products are shot in clear natural light, during the daytime.
- Keep your photo edits minimal; that means no drastic filters, watermarks, borders or even collages.
- You can upload up to five portrait shots for every product listing.
- All your items must be modelled on a human being – no flat lays or mannequin shots (stationery is the exception to this).
- Make sure it’s clear which item is for sale in every image.
- Don’t use anyone else’s photography; these should be original shots.
- There are specific requirements to follow if you’re selling brands, which you can find on the ASOS Marketplace blog.
If you’re more fashionista than photographer, why not hire a professional to take some shots of your favourite pieces, so you start off with some strong listings? You could even take a photography course to make you feel more confident.
While your products are bound to look fab on models, you could always enlist a few stylish friends to help if you’re on a budget – ASOS customers love to see how your clothes look on different people!
Stuck for inspiration? Get creative with your product shots. Photograph your pieces out in nature, make the most of beautiful backdrops you spot out and about or choose a distinctively minimal setup – it’s up to you.